INTERNATIONAL STANDARD IEC 62271-111/IEEE C37.60
High voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 111: Overhead, pad-mounted, dry vault, and submersible automatic circuit reclosers and fault interrupters for alternating current systems up to 38 kV
© IEEE 2005 Copyright - all rights reserved
IEEE is a registered trademark in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, owned by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and microfilm, without permission in writing from the publisher.
International Electrotechnical Commission, 3, rue de Varembé, PO Box 131, CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
Telephone: +41 22 919 02 11 Telefax: +41 22 919 03 00 E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.iec.ch
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc, 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016-5997, USA
Telephone: +1 732 562 3800 Telefax: +1 732 562 1571 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.standards.ieee.org
1) The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) is a worldwide organization for standardization comprising all national electrotechnical committees (IEC National Committees). The object of IEC is to promote international co-operation on all questions concerning standardization in the electrical and electronic fields. To this end and in addition to other activities, IEC publishes International Standards, Technical Specifications, Technical Reports, Publicly Available Specifications (PAS) and Guides (hereafter referred to as “IEC Publication(s)”). Their preparation is entrusted to technical committees; any IEC National Committee interested in the subject dealt with may participate in this preparatory work. International, governmental and non-governmental organizations liaising with the IEC also participate in this preparation.
IEC collaborates closely with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in accordance with conditions determined by agreement between the two organizations.
2) The formal decisions or agreements of IEC on technical matters express, as nearly as possible, an international consensus of opinion on the relevant subjects since each technical committee has representation from all interested IEC National Committees.
3) IEC Publications have the form of recommendations for international use and are accepted by IEC National Committees in that sense. While all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the technical content of IEC Publications is accurate, IEC cannot be held responsible for the way in which they are used or for any misinterpretation by any end user.
4) In order to promote international uniformity, IEC National Committees undertake to apply IEC Publications transparently to the maximum extent possible in their national and regional publications. Any divergence between any IEC Publication and the corresponding national or regional publication shall be clearly indicated in the latter.
5) IEC provides no marking procedure to indicate its approval and cannot be rendered responsible for any equipment declared to be in conformity with an IEC Publication.
6) Attention is drawn to the possibility that some of the elements of this IEC Publication may be the subject of patent rights. IEC shall not be held responsible for identifying any or all such patent rights.
International Standard IEC/IEEE 62271-111 has been processed through IEC subcommittee 17A: High-voltage switchgear and controlgear, of IEC technical committee 17: Switchgear and controlgear.
The text of this standard is based on the following documents:
IEEE Std FDIS Report on voting
C37.60 (2003) 17A/737/FDIS 17A/746/RVD
Full information on the voting for the approval of this standard can be found in the report on
voting indicated in the above table.
This publication has been drafted in accordance with the ISO/IEC Directives.
The committee has decided that the contents of this publication will remain unchanged
The list of all the parts of IEC 62271 series, under the general title High-voltage switchgear
and controlgear, can be found on the IEC website.
This standard applies to all overhead, pad-mounted, dry vault, and submersible single- or multipole alternating current automatic circuit reclosers and fault interrupters for rated maximum voltages above 1000 V and up to 38 kV.
In order to simplify this standard where possible, the term recloser/FI (reclosers/FIs) has been substituted for automatic circuit recloser or fault interrupter or both.
NOTE—When reclosers are applied in a substation, special considerations may apply, see 126.96.36.199.3.
This standard shall be used in conjunction with the following publications. When the following publications are superseded by an approved revision, the revision shall apply.
ANSI C37.06-2000, American National Standard for AC High-Voltage Circuit Breakers Rated on a Symmetrical Current Basis—Preferred Ratings and Related Required Capabilities.
ANSI C37.06.1-2000, American National Standard Guide for AC High-Voltage Circuit Breakers
Rated on a Symmetrical Current Basis—Designated ‘‘Defifinite Purpose for Fast Transient Recovery Voltage Rise Times.’’
ANSI C37.85-2002, American National Standard for Switchgear—Alternating-Current High-Voltage
Power Vacuum Interrupters—Safety Requirements for X-Radiation Limits.
ANSI C57.12.28-1999, American National Standard for Pad-mounted Equipment—Enclosure Integrity.
ANSI C63.2-1996, American National Standard for Electromagnetic Noise and Field Strength Instrumentation, 10 kHz to 40 GHz—Specififications.
ASME BPVC-1998, Boilers and Pressure Vessels Code—Section VIII: Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels—Division 1.
IEC 60060-1-1989, High-Voltage Test Techniques—Part 1: General Defifinitions and Test Requirements.
IEC 60270-2000, High-Voltage Test Techniques—Partial Discharge Measurements.
IEC 60502-1-2004, Power Cables with Extruded Insulation and Their Accessories for Rated
Voltages from 1 kV (Um¼1,2 kV) Up to 30 kV (Um¼36 kV)—Part 1: Cables for Rated Voltages of 1 kV (Um¼1,2 kV) and 3 kV (Um¼3,6 kV).
Voltages from 1 kV (Um¼1,2 kV) Up to 30 kV (Um¼36 kV)—Part 2: Cables for Rated Voltages Standards.
IEC 62271-100-2003, High-Voltage Switchgear and Controlgear—Part 100: High-Voltage Alternating-Current Circuit-Breakers.
IEEE Std 4TM -1995, IEEE Standard Techniques for High Voltage Testing. 4,5 IEEE Std 4aTM-2001, Amendment to IEEE Standard Techniques for High-Voltage Testing.
IEEE Std 386TM -1995, IEEE Standard for Separable Insulated Connector Systems for Power Distribution Systems Above 600 V.
IEEE Std 1247TM -1998, IEEE Standard for Interrupter Switches for Alternating Current Rated Above 1000 Volts.
IEEE Std 1291TM -1993, IEEE Guide for Partial Discharge Measurement in Power Switchgear.
IEEE Std C37.04-1999, IEEE Standard Rating Structure for AC High-Voltage Circuit Breakers.
IEEE Std C37.09-1999, IEEE Standard Test Procedure for AC High-Voltage Circuit Breakers Rated on a Symmetrical Current Basis.
[12:40 7/8/03 K:/SGML/Ieee/C37.60-2003/Revises-III/C.37.60-2003.3d] Ref: C.37.60-2003 Page: 101–702
ASME publications are available from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016- 5990, USA (http://www.asme.org).
IEC publications are available from the Sales Department of the International Electrotechnical Commission, Case Postale 131,
3, rue de Varembe, CH-1211, Geneve 20, Switzerland/Suisse (http://www.iec.ch/). IEC publications are also available in the
United States from the Sales Department, American National Standards Institute, 11 West 42nd Street, 13th Floor, New York,
NY 10036, USA (http://www.ansi.org).
The IEEE standards or products referred to in Clause 2 are trademarks owned by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
IEEE publications are available from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 445 Hoes Lane, P.O. Box 1331,
Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331, USA (http://standards.ieee.org/).
IEC 60502-2-2005, Power Cables with Extruded Insulation and Their Accessories for Rated
Edition 2.2 Consolidated edition.
Edition 1.1 Consolidated edition.
IEEE Std C37.41TM
-2000, IEEE Standard Design Tests for High-Voltage Fuses, Distribution
Enclosed Single-Pole Air Switches, Fuse Disconnecting Switches, and Accessories.
IEEE Std C37.90.1TM
-2002, IEEE Standard for Surge Withstand Capability (SWC) Tests for Relays
and Relay Systems Associated with Electric Power Apparatus.
IEEE Std C37.100TM
-1992 (Reaffff 2001), IEEE Standard Defifinitions for Power Switchgear.
NEMA 107-1987 (Reaffff 1993), Methods of Measurement of Radio Inflfluence Voltage (RIV) of High Voltage Apparatus.6
More pls download from in site.